Saturday, April 22, 2006

my coffee mug is cooler than yours

when the highlight of your week was buying a new coffee mug... it was a pretty boring week


although i will say, i am thrilled to death to finally have a high-class coffee mug. now i won't look out-of-place amidst the rest of the commuter drones making their way to work in the morning. i have finally arrived!

i've finally gotten over the hump of a nasty cold i've been battling most of the week. it's been making the rounds at work, and i'd managed to stay out of it's grasp for a while until it finally caught up with me, and then pulled me down to the ground and kicked me in the sinuses a few times. but the worst is finally over.


the red sox will be the death of me yet. i stayed up to listen to them finish an extra-innings game last night, only for them to lose in heartbreaking fashion in the twelth inning. ugh. yes they're still 11-7 on the year, but they still have that unique red sox talent of snatching defeat right from the jaws of victory. harumph


i need to get my bike out, and it needs to happen soon.


-noonan-

2 Comments:

At 4/23/2006 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"it's (1) been making the rounds at work, and i'd managed to stay out of it's (2) grasp"

(1) - "it's" as an abbreviation for "it has" = CORRECT!

(2) - "it's" as a possessive = WRONG

the possessive form of its is its.

you know who I am.

 
At 4/24/2006 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man...anonymous grammar police. I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home